Monday 27 July 2015

Facebook : Love - Kal, Aaj Aur Kal.

14th of May, 2014, was the day I decided to quit Facebook and bury all my contacts of so called friends of social media network. In school or college days of late 90’s the most important tool for recording history, facts and events about a person used to be ‘Friendship scrapbooks’ being shared and filled by close friends was probably the only thing under threat for possible data theft of private information.
Lucky or unlucky but I was never a part of any scrapbook in those days too, thanks to my kanjoos friend circle who can now be successful authors of books giving tips on how to save every penny. And secondly receiving a scrapbook from others and especially from girls was a dream which never came true, fyi neither have I authored any such book having money saving tips, not yet. 

It was all good till Orkut but the social network changed with the adventure of Facebook bombarding its users with the posts such as people going on holidays to exquisite places probably on every alternate day, wannabe actor/actresses shooting their own portfolios and uploading to Facebook, phase of time came when I started coming across my friend's and colleague's engagement’s news through Facebook as I if I am watching all this shit sitting far on an alien planet and the world has nothing to do with my existence. That feel of Boney Kapoor’s movie Mr. India where you literally go invisible is exciting in the context of the movie but not in reality. That was annoying. Anyways, stalking to people’s profile should be declared as a full time job with zero pay but the only person mining gold here is Mark Zuckerberg. For introverts the Facebook can prove its metal by pushing them into depression unknowingly. Thus, Falling in and out of depression and waste of time expecting huge likes and piles of comments on Facebook screwed me over the time and it was after that I decided to QUIT Facebook. As declared on FB about my decision about a day in advance only one of my friend argued over with me to not quit facebook and a couple of others who asked the reason for such an exit, rest didn’t cared and now they don’t count anymore.

Now, recently on making up my mind to give words to my thoughts I decided to begin with a blog and after more than a year of dumping Facebook I decided to sign-up for facebook as well with only discreet use policy and maintaining it professionally. Also expecting typical cussing in Hindi from that one friend of mine over phone as and when he discovers about the return as “bola tha naa saale FB quit mat kar tujhe ek din firse FB pe wapas aana padega” etc.. etc..


Finally, I would say that don't rely on facebook to create and maintain a friend circle it won’t add any values to your friendships so go out and meet your friends in person.

2 comments:

  1. its appreciable bro atleast u thought to share your words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments mate and Sorry for replying so late.. I hope you are having a great time..

      Delete

Blog Stats

Powered by Blogger.

Blogger templates