Tuesday 6 October 2015

No Favorites

A very common question each one of us coming across is about our favorites, whether it is about color, number, books, movies, actors etc. everyone is having a certain favorite representing their liking for a particular thing or attribute. Often it is said that a person’s liking depict his/her personality. That might be the reason the social bonding between strangers starts with knowing the favorites of each other.


What if I say I don’t have a favorite color, number, book, movie or actor? Is it uncommon for people to not have any favorites? I remember my good old school days when in late 90’s probably everyone was busy filling up the scrapbooks with their personal details and their favorites. Meanwhile I found it difficult to term anything my favorite and fill in the blanks and to no one’s surprise I never took filling scrapbook as a hobby as others used to have at that time. Whenever someone asks me about my favorite xyz things I find myself completely blank as I have nothing to answer. When insisted upon I have no other option but to fake my favorites.

Some people have a strong liking for their favorite actors and that is enough to pull them to the cinema halls while for me time, means, money and company are the deciding factors for the movie also I never had any craze for a movie simply because a particular actor was featuring in the movie.

I find choosing a favorite thing as an extra effort and making other things less worthy while we have people who have favorite moments, days, season and the list goes on and on.

I tried searching about this behavior online to gain for some expert analysis and other people’s experiences but found nothing constructive.


So what’s your favorite ___________? 

4 comments:

  1. Its Really a Good Experience reading this Blogpost of yours.... I can see that its somewhat a replica of my Behaviour....

    We people are prone to term something or the other as one's Favorite thing.....But It shall also be noted that those favorites don't remain same throughout their life.... As an example, as already mentioned in ur post, People have a Favorite Actor/Actress that drives them to a Multiplex to watch the movie...No matter what the subject is, what the Story is, or who is he/she going with... But many a times I also see that this Favoritism doesn't stay for long time... A person may like one star while the star is having hit films and not during his flop period meanwhile if another star is making a Debut and the film turns out to be Superhit. The Favorite Actor of our Subject is changed to New Actor.

    Things never stay same... I agree with you that making Things favorite is all about priortizing one thing and making the other less worthy or even Neglecting its individual importance...

    I am Glad that I had No favorite, same as you...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Vikas.. I completely agree with your point that favorites keep changing.. but the point is 'favoritism' is always there. But not in our case as agreed by you too. I had a strange feeling about it so decided to post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noted Anil... Favoritism is always there....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually people those who having rich life and never face troubles in there life and have passions and dreams which they can easily achieve, for those people all this things are quiet easy. but for specially me may be i have had lot of struggling days, and dreams are like top of the world which can never stop and there is no time to see other part of life. than such condition is created and most of the time people start even ignoring that he is so boring and all such thing happens. but lets see. the goal is important if u have dreamt off atleast trying to achieve is equally important rest all will be forgiven.,

    ReplyDelete

Blog Stats

Powered by Blogger.

Blogger templates